Terms and Conditions
- “The business” trades as Sacred Spaces Yurt Hire and is referred to here as Sacred Spaces Yurt Hire.
- “The Hirer” is the person hiring Equipment from Sacred Spaces.
- “The Equipment” is all items provided to or hired by the hirer.
- “The period of hire” means the time commencing with the arrival of the Equipment on site, and terminating when the Equipment is removed by Sacred Spaces.
- “A Booking” is the contract entered into by the hirer and Sacred Spaces.
These terms and conditions apply to all contracts entered into by Sacred Spaces. Any offer of Equipment is subject to stock being available on receipt of a deposit at time of Booking..
Sacred Spaces will provide canvas and wood Yurts. The number of people you may accommodate within each Yurt is a matter of personal choice according to your preference on personal space..
- Quotes are provided on the basis that a Booking is not confirmed until a deposit is received. By making a Booking the hirer is accepting our Terms and Conditions.
- A deposit of 50% of the total hire cost is payable on Booking, the remainder to be paid 2 weeks prior to hire. If the event is within 2 months of the Booking date a deposit of 75% may be required, the remainder to be paid 2 weeks prior to hire.
- A separate damage deposit for 50% of the hire cost is to be sent by bank transfer. This is refundable post event if no damage has been done to the yurts. If the yurts or interiors are damaged the cost of repair will be retained from the damage deposit cheque, or invoiced in the event that the amount is in excess of the damage deposit paid.
In the event of cancellation by the hirer, Sacred Spaces will either retain from the deposit paid, or invoice in the event that the amount cannot be recovered from the deposit, the following:
- If cancelled more than 28 days before the first day of the planned hire period: 50% of the hire cost.
- If cancelled between 14 and 28 days before the first day of the planned hire period: 75% of the hire cost.
- If cancelled less than 14 days before the first day of the planned hire period: 100% of the hire cost.
Sacred Spaces retain the right to cancel a booking if they believe the windspeed, ground holding conditions and site exposure result in an unsafe environment for the yurts and hirer. A full refund will be made to the hirer..
Installation and De-rig
Sacred Spaces cannot be held responsible for damage to buried/hidden pipes and cables unless these have been clearly pointed out prior to erection of the yurts on site. Sacred Spaces does not provide power supply or distribution as standard.
The Hire charges do not include attendance by Sacred Spaces personnel except during the actual processes of installing and de-rigging the Equipment..
- In the case of provision of tents Sacred Spaces quotation for hire charges is dependent on the hirer’s provision of a firm level, well drained site with reasonable access for commercial vehicles.
- In the case of an interior installation for an existing space, Sacred Spaces quotation for hire charges is dependent on the hirer’s assurance that the marquee / building is clear and in good and ready condition for Sacred Spaces to commence work on the installation date, with reasonable access for commercial vehicles.
- The hirer shall agree in advance, or indicate on site, where Equipment is to be installed and arrange to be present (or provide a representative) on site to confirm details with the Sacred Spaces crew at the beginning of the installation. In the case of Sacred Spaces having to proceed with an installation at the agreed time and in the absence of the hirer ( or the hirer’s representative) Sacred Spaces reserves the right to charge for the re-positioning of Equipment should this be required.
- The hirer must guarantee adequate access for the size of vehicle indicated by Sacred Spaces in the booking process.
- The hirer must provide hard standing parking for the delivery vehicle/s. If hard standing is not available there must be means to remove the delivery vehicle/s safely from the site should they become irremovable on both build and strike days.
- The hirer must guarantee that the instillation site is no further than 30m from the delivery vehicle unless previously arranged during the booking process. The hirer may incur a surcharge if the distance is more than 30m.
- The Hirer shall take all reasonable measures to keep Sacred Spaces Equipment closed, dry and secure while not in use during the period of hire.
- The Hirer should not tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and in particular not affix or suspend from the Equipment any item whatsoever without written consent of Sacred Spaces. Tampering with the equipment may result in personal injury, and Sacred Spaces declines any responsibility for damage to things or people as a result of the Hirer attempting to move or adjust wooden poles, door frames or any other component of the hired equipment.
- The hirer should make sure that no one will lean against the trails, hang from the poles, or attempt to move the structure, as this may result in the poles falling off and potentially hurting people.
- Children in the yurt should not be left unsupervised.
- The Hirer should not use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent in writing of Sacred Spaces.
- The Hirer should not cooked or consume hot food within the yurts, and food cannot be cooked using fire or barbeque in the proximity of the yurts, in order to avoid the smell to impregnate the canvas: any damage to the canvas, including bad smells, will be charged.
- Smoking is not allowed in the Yurts
- The Hirer should not hang any coloured material or fabric in direct contact with the canvas of the yurt, as this may stain the canvas, especially in case of rain.
- If the Hirer wishes to decorate the Yurt using personal equipment, they are welcome to do so only after asking permission in writing to Sacred Spaces which will indicte the decorationsmaterials that are appropriate to use.
- The Hirer is responsible for obtaining any site permits that may be necessary.
Loss or Damage
- The Hirer shall during the period of Hire be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of Sacred Spaces’s Equipment from completion of erection until dismantling.
- The Hirer must be satisfied with the Equipment before use and should notify Sacred Spaces of any miscounts, incorrect deliveries or unacceptable Equipment before use.
- Sacred Spacess expects the Hirer to take reasonable care of Equipment supplied. Damage, loss, or excessive soiling and the resulting loss of potential earnings due to this damage will be charged for in full. Either retained from the damage deposit bank transfer or invoiced in the event that the amount is in excess of the damage deposit paid.
Third Party Liability
Sacred Spaces will not be responsible for, and the Hirer will indemnify Sacred Spaces against, all claims for injury to persons, or loss of, or damage to, property, however caused. Personal injuries can be caused when the yurt is tampered with by attempting to move poles, door frames, trellis or any other components of the yurt: the hirer or any other person attending the hirer’s event should refrain from moving the structure in any way, and will be held responsible for any damage to things or people resulting from this and from any other inappropriate use of the hired equipment.The undersigned completely and unconditionally waives, releases, and forever discharges Dr Paola Bisicchia and Sacred Spaces Yurt Hire from all claims of liability for each and every injury, harm, damage, and loss of every kind or description (including death) to the undersigned’s person or property, directly or indirectly occurring in connection with, resulting from, or arising out of the Yurt Hire, whether caused by negligence or mistake of Sacred Spaces Yurt Hire and Dr Paola Bisicchia or otherwise.
Sacred Spaces will use its best endeavours to supply the Hirer with the Equipment ordered but where this is not possible Sacred Spaces Yurt Hire will notify the Hirer as soon as possible with details of alterations to the design and specifications of the Equipment. Where alteration is fundamental the Hirer may terminate this contract and any deposit paid will be refunded..
While every possible effort will be made by Sacred Spaces to complete an order, Sacred Spaces cannot be held liable for non-completion of orders due to matters beyond its control. The Booking is subject to cancellation or variation due to acts of god, war, strikes, riots, extreme weather conditions such as flood, storm or gale or restrictions on the use of transport or any other cause beyond the control of acts of god. In the event of frustration of the Booking due to any of the above causes the Booking shall be deemed to be complete and upon written notice by Sacred Spaces to the Hirer to that effect Sacred Spaces shall refund to the Hirer any monies received in respect of the Booking less 10% which shall be retained by Sacred Spaces in respect of costs and expenses.